Whatever It Takes….Even if it Makes me Uncomfortable Part 2
So, last week I published a blog expressing my decision and determination to do whatever it takes to care for Super Mighty Max. Well, it seems as if the stakes have been raised! I believe my wife or I shared in a previous blog entry that Super Mighty Max’s ENT feels that he would benefit from a tracheostomy, and for a whole lot of reasons, we don’t want that for him. In an effort to be proactive advocates for Super Mighty Max, we sought out a second opinion, through which the doctor shared that he could use a trach tube, but also could make it without one. The thought is, “he’s made it this far, he should only get stronger!” The doctor also recommended that we remove him from daycare for two winters. This would help limit his exposure to germs and viruses.
Upon hearing this initial recommendation, my wife and I weren’t too pleased, and didn’t pay it much attention. Especially, because of the tremendous progress that Super Mighty Max is making in daycare. However, last week, we went back to the original ENT and our pulmonary doctor, shared with them our decision to not do the tracheostomy, and they too had a recommendation. ” If you’re going to do this, I suggest you take him out of daycare for the winter months!”
So, in keeping with our declaration to do whatever takes for Super Mighty Max, he will be home with daddy this winter! We will get through this! We will make it fun! It will be an adventure! We will have social media updates!
THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!